7 Things to Keep Your Kids Active During Shelter-in-Place
After almost two months of observing Summit County’s Shelter-In-Place, even the most creative parents are getting to the bottom of their bag of tricks. With that in mind, we thought we would share some ideas we have been hearing from some of our Park City readers:
- Learn what it’s like to be an Astronaut by visiting NASA’s livestream from the International Space Station. You and the kids can view the crew when they’re “On-Duty” and see some amazing views of Earth
- Take a virtual tour of Loveland’s Living Planet Aquarium with Scarlet the Macaw. Scarlet’s adventures are broken up by episode so you and the kids can watch at your leisure.
- Meet the Animals at Utah’s Hogle Zoo. With over 800 animals, you may see familiar animals and learn about animals the kids haven’t seen.
- Let your little one create a gallery stroll on your sidewalk and invite the neighbors to view your artist’s work when they’re out for a walk. All it takes is a box of sidewalk chalk and your child’s creativity. You can order Sidewalk Chalk at Michaels and pick it up curb-side!
- Make housework a game. Let the kids make a chore list and divide out the assignments evenly. Then start the clock and see who gets done first. You can also have them count their steps to see who is burning the most calories. (We admit, this is really for mom and dad, but we won’t tell if you don’t. 😊)
- Have the kids make a picnic lunch, pack it up and enjoy it on your front lawn or the living room. These beautiful spring days won’t last forever!
- Tea and Crumpets anyone? Enjoy an afternoon tea party with real tea for mom and dad and juice for the kids. This can be a family event with everyone helping to make English Crumpets.
(If you’re not that ambitious, you can buy English Muffins with fresh jam and jellies on your next grocery stock up.)
Let us know what you have been doing to keep the kiddos entertained during the shelter in place. @mountainexpressmag