By Corinne Humphrey
When you want to squeeze every bit of action out of a sunny, fun-filled day, you may not get around to dinner until after ten o’clock. These Park City restaurants can accommodate late night hunger pangs with gusto.
1. Flanagan’s sells more Guinness than any pub in Utah. With its cozy, dark-paneled interior, a lineup of Irish and English draft beers, and traditional Irish classics like Whiskey Chicken Boxtys, Corned Beef Sliders and Spicy Potato Balls, its no wonder Flanagan’s was voted “Best Pub” in 2013. Owner John Kenworthy says, “Flanagan’s is true Irish, named for my grandfather who performed in the 1900s to raise money for Father Flanagan’s Boys Town.” They also offer gluten-free and kids’ menus, patio dining and family takeout.
2. Butcher’s Chophouse & Bar has been a locals’ favorite since 2003. In addition to specialty cocktails and great wine and beer lists, their late- night bar menu (daily until midnight) includes the Chophouse Chopped Salad, Jalapeno Mac-n-Cheese, and the Butcher’s Prize Pizza with Andouille sausage, grilled chicken, artichokes, olives, mushrooms and mozzarella. Explore their 5-7-9 menu: Five wines for $5; appetizers for
$7 before 7:00, or $9 after 7:00. Their sister restaurants, No Name Saloon and the new Boneyard Saloon also serve until midnight.
3. Rock & Reilly’s Park City Main Street location opened January 2013 with a mission of providing good times, rock and roll and a warm, welcoming gastro-pub atmosphere, complete with photo booth and an upscale health-conscious menu with items like Purple Kale/Quinoa Salad, Beet Barrata Salad with Pine Nuts, and Truffle Burger Sliders. Reilly’s Irish Cheddar Grilled Sandwich earned a spot on Good Morning America’s “Top Ten Grilled Cheese in America.” Taste this and other burgers and bites daily until midnight.
4. Squatters Roadhouse Grill on Park Avenue across from the Park City Golf Course is a perfect spot to meet and eat after a sunset round of golf. Long known for world-class beers like St. Provo Girl, Chasing Tale Ale and Polygamy Porter, Squatters sports a lively seasonal menu of salads, pizzas, BBQ Pulled-Pork Sandwiches made with their Captain Bastards Oatmeal Stout, Black & Blue Burgers, and other entrees until 11:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
5. In Kimball Junction, Maxwell’s East Coast Eatery’s mantra, “Get Fed, Get Full, Get Happy!” is a reminder of owner Steven Maxwell’s humble Italian-American beginnings and a love of family, friends and great food. Choose from salads, famous Philly Cheesesteaks, Buffalo wings and authentic New York Style Thin Crust Pizza—build your own or try a specialty pie like the “Italian Stallion” or “My Blue Heaven.” Have a slice of heaven and watch your favorite team on the big screen TVs.