Fletchers Thai Salmon
Chef Scott Boberek
This will make 4 portions with some ingredients left over.
- 4 each, 6 ounce salmon portions
- Whole butter, 1 table spoon
- Fish stock or seafood stock, 2 cups
- Creamy peanut butter, 1 ¼ cup
- Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce, ¾ cup
- Coconut Milk (Chaokoh), 3 ½ ounce
Mix all ingredients in a robot coup and puree till combined and smooth, hold. This is best done the day before. If you can, place the topping in a pastry bag.
- Sushi rice, 5 ounce
- Rice Vinegar, 1 cup
- Sugar, ¼ cup
- Sesame oil, ¼ tea spoon
- Marin, ¼ cup
- Kosher Salt, 1 pinch
Mix all ingredients excluding rice, bring to a boil reduce to a simmer till the sugar is dissolved, hold for line service.
- English Cucumbers 1 each, pealed
- Rice Vinegar, 1 ½ cup
- Water, 1 ½ cup
- Sugar, 1 cup
- Ginger Powder, ¼ tea spoon
- Dry Chili flakes, ¼ teaspoon
- Pickling Spice, ¼ cup, wrapped in a cheese cloth
Take the dry spices and wrap in a cheese cloth, tie with butchers twine. In a sauce pan combine rice vinegar, water, sugar, cheese cloth rapped spices and bring to a boil. While the liquids are coming to a boil, peel the cucumbers the slice on a bias (about 3 mm thick). Place the sliced cucumber in a container and top with boiling pickling liquid. Let cool and hold for plating. This is best done the day before.
Other things needed
Panko bread crumbs, 1 cup
Clarified butter, 3 table spoons
Mae Ploy Sauce in a squeeze bottle.
Mixed micro greens or chopped cilantro, for garnish.
- Before serving this dish I suggest that you make the pickled cucumbers, Thai salmon topping and rice seasoning.
- Cook the sushi rice in a rice cooker, following the instructions on your rice cooker. After the cooking cycle ends toss the rice gently with rice seasoning. Hold in the rice cooker hot.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish with the whole butter and seafood stock. Pace in a 400* oven and bake for 4 minutes (more time if you desire your salmon cooked more)
- Remove from oven and with the pastry bag squeeze a line of topping on top of the salmon, place back in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Mix the panko bread crumbs with the clarified butter.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and top each piece with the panko bread crumbs.
- Plating, place the Mae Ploy Sweet chili sauce on the plate (squiggly like) place a scoop of rice in the center and top with some pickled cucumbers.
- Top with the salmon and garnish