Fun Afternoon Activities for the Family
Hey Mom and Dad! We put together two fun afternoon adventures for you and your little ones:
1) Park City Museum
The entire family will delight in the permanent exhibits: learn about the Kimball Stagecoach, visiting a scaled down version of a 19th century mine, drilling into a rock face and explore the original territorial jail in the basement of the historic City Hall.
You will also want to check out the constantly changing Tozer Gallery which features everything from interactive children’s exhibits to national exhibits from the Smithsonian.
If mom or dad is a history buff, visit parkcityhistory.org/events/ for upcoming lectures and special events.
2) After exploring our town’s history, stroll into Main Street Pizza Noodle. With its casual atmosphere and open space, it’s perfect for your little ones to be themselves and enjoy a mouth-watering cheese pizza. For Mom and Dad start with Spicy Buffalo Wings, share the popular Maui Mama Pizza, with extra Canadian bacon, pineapple and mozzarella cheese. Visit mainstreetpizzanoodle.com for more menu options.
3) Finish off your adventure by flagging down the trolley and take a nostalgic ride up and down Main. Yes, I know it seems simple, but the kids will love it.
1) Check out a matinee at the Metropolitan Theatre in the Red Rock Complex. Saturday and Sunday showtimes start as early as 11:25 AM. Check out metrotheatres.com for shows and times.
2) After the movie walk next door to Cold Stone Creamery. Bring in the Park City Coupon Book and get 2 for $6, Like It Size Create Your Own Ice Cream cones or Buy One Signature Creation Get One Free Waffle Bowl.
Visit www.coldstonecreamery.com/stores/21523 for flavors and items.
3) To Complete your afternoon, make sure the kids wear their coats and boots and take an afternoon nature walk around the Swaner Preserve. Bring a note pad and let the kids document the animals and nature scenes.
For more activity items, check out our A to Z Activities mountainexpressmagazine.com/a-to-z-things-to-do-in-around-park-city/ and remember to enter your photo in our quarterly photo contest. mountainexpressmagazine.com/park-city-photo-contest-by-mountain-express-magazine/