This winter season take yourself, your friends or your family on an adventure that can only be described as magical. Snowmobiling is more than just a ride; it’s an event. The soothing hum of the engine, the rush of the sled gliding over the snow and a crisp cooling breeze will make you understand why this is a Park City favorite.
Whether you’re a newbie just learning to ride, or a seasoned veteran itching to get back on the tracks, a day on a snowmobile creates a one-of-a-kind memory. Expect to see wildlife of all sizes, beautiful forest hideaways and deep snowy valleys.
What makes this activity even more delightful is the ability to create and customize your adventure. With your trek preplanned, you can explore as much of the terrain as your time and expertise allows, while being comfortable, and most importantly, safe. Work with one of the local rental companies and get advice on what to wear, the best gear to pack and the “choice” places to ride. You can also book a guided tour and follow the leader to hidden mountain gems.
Some helpful tips and reminders:
• Most companies have a minimum age requirement.
• You can choose between an individual rider or a rider with a passenger.
• Keep your cell phone in an inside zippered pocket.
• Pack plenty of sunscreen, nutrition bars and bottled water.
• If you’re staying at one of the resorts or hotels and don’t have a rental car, many companies off er a shuttle service to their locations. We recommend checking with your concierge, as they will know the companies that will pick up and drop off.
Regardless, if you’re in town for a short visit or live here year-round, make sure you add this fun filled activity to your winter calendar. And don’t forget to take lots of pics to enter in our winter photo contest!
by Pierce Dirkis, Intern